When we think about modern business, most of us picture an organisation that utilizes modern technologies in their workflows and core infrastructure. Considering the path that technology has taken over the past few decades, it is understandable that modern business is more or less inseparable from technology. This is at the core of why professional IT services have become such an important resource for many modernized organisations. We discussed this matter with TechQuarters, a London-based IT service providers, who told us all about the types of services companies like them provide.
What Are Professional IT Services?
Given how work productivity, communication, marketing, and so many other aspects of business now has technology integrated into them, and the fact that technology needs to be managed and supported to ensure it runs consistently, professional IT services has developed into a key form of professional service in the wider business community.
From IT support to digital transformation, there are many different IT services out there. The most common example is managed IT services – which involves a third-party provider effectively acting as the entire IT department for clients, meaning they make most of the decisions around IT. The managed IT services London based companies get from TechQuarters, for instance, is designed to relieve the burden of technology entirely, but they still have final say on any decision.
Professional IT Service Make Business Easier & More Consistent
Although there are a number of different types of IT services out there, they all have one thing in common: They make life easier for businesses. According to TechQuarters, small businesses in particular can benefit from these services, as it means they will have an easier time competing in their field.
So, what are some of the different ways that professional IT services help businesses?
How IT Services Promote Business Continuity
The ability for a business to run consistently and without any kind of issue is one of the biggest benefits that come from working with a professional IT partner. Business continuity refers to the ability for an organisation to operate for long periods of time without any downtime. So, how do IT services make this possible?
- Flexible Support – Most professional IT services include IT support, and nowadays it is generally expect that the IT support one gets from these providers is flexible. Meaning it can be delivered remotely and at any time of day.
- Proactive Support – IT support should not only be flexible, but highly proactive – meaning providers are able begin fixing them as soon as they arise; or even prevent the problem from happening altogether. This is becoming more and more expected of providers – for instance, when TechQuarters provides IT support for estate agents, proactivity is a key aspect of the service.
- Backup & Disaster Recovery – there are other technical services that can help a business maximise business continuity. For example, backup services ensures that a company’s data is protected in the event of data loss/theft. Disaster recovery focuses on making sure that a business’ core functionality is restored as quickly as possible in the event of a major IT failure.
How IT Services Promote Business Productivity
Beyond business continuity, a professional IT service provider will also be able to help a business run more productivity – while technology is not the only way to become more productivity, there are certainly many ways that it can help.
- Digitization – more and more businesses nowadays are digitizing their data; meaning they are doing away with analog and physical formats in favour for digital alternatives, which are generally quicker to create, process and share – thus, businesses can make various processes (i.e. approvals, signing contracts, etc.) quicker and easier to complete.
- Digitalization – transforming processes from analog to digital is known as digitalization. An example of this might be moving from PSTN telephone systems to Internet Telephony (such as PBX and VoIP). Digitalization can make a business more agile and flexible.
- Saving Time & Money – professional IT services are generally more cost effective than doing everything in-house, and businesses can can save money by avoiding costly errors, and ensuring their IT runs more efficiently. Plus, not having to worry about managing their IT means businesses get a lot of time back.