Technological innovations have transformed every aspect of our life. It has influenced our daily working in such a way that we cannot now imagine our life without it. These innovations and advancements have led to a more comfortable way of doing work as well as conducting business. Most businesses whether small or large are making use of technology to operate. This is has become an absolute necessity as this is the only way of surviving in a highly competitive environment. Today technological advancements are used by the business to store various types of information related to a different aspect of the business. More and more businesses are moving to online mode and embracing Ecommerce all thanks to these advancements. Besides this these innovation has also made it possible to widespread their working without any issue. Even the customers have gained significantly by implementing technological advancements into the business as now everything is made available to them at their comfort and ease. But these technological advancements have paved the way for various types of cyber attacks as well.
Today hackers thanks to technological advancements are equipped with knowledge and skills and thus are highly effective in attacking the business working. Such an attack happens when an unauthorized person accesses the IT system and network to steal, extort, or disrupting the working of the business Today businesses have to face very types of cyber-attacks that can lead the business towards going out of work. Cyber-attacks are increasing drastically and many businesses have to pay huge consequences because of their lack of preparedness. These attacks mostly aim to attack the valuable information as well as its customer and thus use it used by hackers for their advantage. There is no one way of such attacks. Cyber-attacks can take place in different ways and for different purposes and thus the only way of safeguarding against such attacks for the business is to be proactive. Besides this, it is important for the business to be aware of the common types of cyber-attacks and how they impact their work. This will guide them in taking the right action at the right time. Some of the common types of cyber-attacks that any business can be prone to are mentioned below:
- Malware: Malware is the most common way of cyber-attacks that are used by hackers in getting access to valuable information about the business or its customers. This attack can make its way to your computer system through malicious mail attachments or some pop alerts etc. With one click on these malicious links, malware can start spreading to your computer system and various networks. Once malware enters your system it starts to cause havoc in the form of monitoring your activity, taking control over the data, stealing and transferring valuable data to the hackers, and many more. Malware attacks can be further divided into different types of attacks each harming the system in their way. Some of the common types of malware include a Trojan horse that disguises itself as useful software that makes the users install these and once in the system they steal important information; ransomware that encrypts the business’s valuable file and demands hefty ransomware to for releasing the decrypt keys.
- Phishing: Attackers have today become very smart and aware as they understand the business will avoid opening links or attachments from just anyone. They will take the right action on the time and thus there is no way the attackers will make their way to the system. This is the reason the attackers used one mostly widely cyber-attack known as phishing. Under such an attack the hackers send that the user that seems from a legitimate source such as the bank, boss, tax department, or any other trusted source. The emails usually contain a sense of urgency that persuades the user to open the email and click on the link. Once clicked the malware will be installed in your system and thus the user has now to face its consequences. Sometimes by opening the link, the user will be diverted to the website which will ask for your confidential login details to steal the valuable data. As phishing attacks disguised themselves as a trusted source these attacks are widespread and are difficult to stop. Thus one must always verify the email sender before taking any action to avoid this situation.
- Denial-of-Service (DoS): Denial-of-service is the type of cyber-attack where the hackers flood the server and network of the business with traffic. This makes it difficult for the user to respond to the requests and thereby leads to the shutting down of the serve. When the server is flooded with unmanageable traffic it takes a toll on the resources and thus disrupts the working of the system. Such attacks can also take place through the use of multiple computers at the same time which makes more difficult to handle such attack as the source of the attack cannot be found.
- Man-in-the-middle-attack (MIMT): This attack also goes by the name of an eavesdropping attack. This attack happens when the hacker inserts themselves between the communication of the sender and the receiver. This is done mainly to spy on the users, steal valuable and private information and thus use it for their advantage. Such attacks are common when unsecured WIFI is used by the victims. But all thanks to end-to-end encryption used by emails and other systems the frequencies of such attacks have been minimized.
- SQL Injections: SQL injections can cause huge losses to the business as it leads to deletion of table or modification of data, viewing and accessing of unauthorized information, etc. This is done by hackers by implementing malicious codes to get hold of the backend data that was to be secured and hidden. The data might include customer private information, confidential business information, and various such items. The loss of such data is not something businesses can afford. It will greatly impact the customer trust in the business.
Hence these are the most common types of cyber-attacks that hackers used to affect the working of the business. The business must safeguard from these attacks by availing the services of Appsealing.